Perigord, Quercy, Guyenne, Gascony : immerse yourself in the middle ages
The main activity of the area is tourism. From the Domaine de Gavaudun, you can visit an impressive number of castles and medieval villages.
In the immediate vicinity of the holiday park :
- the majestic castles Bonaguil (most beautiful castle in France) and Biron (largest castle in the Dordogne) ;
- the Bastides of Monflanquin, Monpazier, Villeneuve sur Lot, Belvès, Villefranche du Périgord, Tournon d'agenais to name a few. The Bastides are "new towns" founded in the early 13th century ;
- older medieval villages such as Puy l'Eveque, Casseneuil or Gavaudun itself.
A little further away :
- countless castles (Dordogne is called the land of a thousand castles) ;
- unavoidable medieval towns such as Sarlat, Bergerac, Cahors, Nérac, Rocamadour, etc.
Undoubtedly one of the most beautiful regions of France for historical and cultural tourism, where you will feel like living in the Middle Ages !
Photo Gallery :